Congresswoman Mariannette Miller-Meeks (IA-02) is excited to announce we are accepting submissions for the Spring 2021 Congressional Art Competition!
Each spring, a nation-wide high school arts competition is sponsored by the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives. The Congressional Art Competition is an opportunity to recognize and encourage the artistic talent in the nation and in Iowa’s 2nd Congressional District.
The Congressional Art Competition is open to all high school students (9th – 12th grade) who reside or attend school in the 2nd Congressional District. The winning artwork will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol, alongside winning artwork from all participating districts from around the country. The submission period for the Spring 2021 Congressional Art Competition is now open through April 19th at 5pm.
Artwork Entry Criteria:
- Rules for the Congressional Art Competition are available here
- Must be two-dimensional and no larger than 26 inches high, by 26 inches wide, by 4 inches in depth
- Must not weigh more than 15 pounds
- Art pieces are NOT required to be framed for judging; however, if your artwork is selected as the winning piece, it must measure no larger than the maximum dimensions and weight when framed
- Medium types include: painting, photography, drawing, mixed media, other (i.e. computer-generated art, collages, etc.)
- Only one entry per student will be accepted
- Must be original in concept, design, and execution, and may not violate U.S. copyright laws
Submission Deadline and Instructions: <
- Please submit a high-quality photo in JPG format to IA02.email@example.com by Monday, April 19th at 5pm
- Make sure to include a copy of the 2021 Student Release Form in PDF format
- In the subject line of the email the following information:
- “Your name - Name of the piece – Medium”
- Due to COVID-19, we will not be collecting art submissions physically for judging, but the entry criteria should still be followed
Details regarding a reception will be sent to participants via email.
Please contact IA02.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions